Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cheerios Churmuri - spice it up

 I'm not a sweet toothed person. But I still wanted to eat my cheerios since it's healthy and hearty. Also, mostly because I was initially flattered by it and had purchased a big box, which was sitting on my fridge top untouched, after my initial crush on it was over. 
So, I could say that this recipe was born out of sheer necessity, but it rekindled my fondness for cheerios. And once again, there is a brand new big box of it on my fridge top :)
This recipe serves four, but I and my husband act like two giants when I make it, and it's gone in ten minutes.


Ingredients:
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes (seeds removed)
1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber 
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
2 cups cheerios
1/4 cup Sev
1/4 cup salted peanuts
1 teaspoon green chutney
2 teaspoons sweet chutney
juice of 1/2 of big sized lime
salt to taste









Add carrot, onions, cucumber, tomatoes, coriander leaves, peanuts, chutneys, salt and lime juice into a big bowl and toss well until it's mixed throughly.
To this add your cheerios and Sev and mix well again and it's all set.

Enjoy :)

Tips: To remove the raw intense flavor of onions, cut it into half and immerse it in ice water for 10 minutes, before chopping.

4 comments:

  1. nice twist to cheerios...will try this on my boys !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a big box of untouched cereal lying on the refrigerator is not a very uncommon occurrence! Now I know what to do with mine ...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... very true... you can also try this out with crispy rice

    ReplyDelete