Monday, March 7, 2011

Cooking... an art in itself



A pinch of orange zest can increase the fresh, sweet and spicy flavor of any food to a very new level. 


That being said, this blog is an attempt to record all my efforts in adding the same zestiness to my food experiments and to register all my favorite recipes so far, with the added variations if any. 


Food is an art. My first efforts of cooking was filled with excitement and apprehension to get it right. After some burnt dishes and fingers, I reached a level where I could whip out a decent meal out of a great recipe. 


After a while, it got mundane to eat a same old dish and I started exploring new and different recipes, and various cuisines. And then, there was that phase of late twenties, where one gets calories and health conscious. And this was when I started reading about the nutritional facts and health benefits of different vegetables and fruits and started substituting heavy ingredients with lighter ones, finding alternative ways to ensure less loss of nutrition while cooking, and trying to cook from scratch as much as I can, still finding shortcuts to reduce overwork. 


Ah... the balancing act, but it is all worth while, now when I see the eagerness and excitement with which my family awaits the meal of the day, each and everyday.


Didn't I mention, Food is an Art? An art like any other art, even after you think you have mastered, still provides you unlimited opportunities to explore more, and learn something new each and every day. 


This blog is a memoir to remember and cherish some of the meals we have enjoyed; and a journal to ensure that the wisdom I gained in regards to food, is not lost in time; and a hobby to uphold the art of cooking I cherish so much.

2 comments: